February 7th , 2017
MaRS Discovery District, Bottom Level Auditorium
Over the past year, the TUX community has interacted with researchers and practitioners through TUX Member Presentations and Sanders Series Lectures. We are pleased to announce that TUX will hold another event, the TUX Research Poster Day 2017. This new event brings together researchers and practitioners within the TUX community to share valuable ideas and foster discussion of research in the field of Human Computer Interaction.
On February 7 Tux will be hosting a Sanders Series Invited Lecture in the MaRS auditorium. Prior to the talk, posters will be displayed to prompt conversation among attendees.
We would like to encourage you to share your research with the TUX community. We welcome submission of posters presenting previously published work, work-in progress, or other HCI projects of interest. We also encourage posters of recently accepted CHI 2017 papers, or other soon to be published works.
The special event focuses on promoting socialization opportunities within the TUX community as well as displaying and discussing research.
Poster proposals can be submitted per the instructions below. Selection criteria will be based on available space and with a goal of achieving a spectrum of topics and presenter affiliations. If space permits, all posters will be accepted.
The event will take place in the MaRS Discovery District bottom level auditorium. The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 11:00am Opening Plenary: Dr. Valkyrie Savage, Savage Internet
- 11:30am Poster Madness
- 11:45am Poster Session / Coffee Break
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:00pm TUX Sanders Series Lecture: Prof. Mark Gross, University of Colorado Boulder
- Submission Deadline:
13 Jan 201720 Jan 2017 (Extended)
18 January 201723 Jan 2017
- Presentation: 7 Feb. 2017
The submission only requires a Title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), presenter name, an abstract (max. 3 paragraphs). A presenting author may only have one submission. Submit your proposal using the following link, by January 13, 2017.
Submission Link: Deadline Passed.
- The poster format and maximum size will be announced later; we expect it to be a maximum of roughly 33 inches by 46 inches (84 cm x 118 cm).
- Posters must be printed by attendees, though we can provide contact information for a local printer if required.
- Stands will be provided.
- At the event, we will hold a “poster madness session” where each presenter with have one minute to present their project to the audience.
Seyong Ha, TUX 2017 Poster Chair